Wednesday, August 09, 2006

New Things I Would like To Try

As we start to get into the flow of things there are a few things I think we should either keep or introduce this season:

1. The warmup structure last year was good. Ordered run, ordered circle stretch, regular set of drills. We'll probably keep this as it gets us into the mental space of game time.
2. I hope to structure warmups for different time options.
3. I would like us to all get habitual cues. If you've played basketball a habitual cue is some sequence of actions you always do before throwing your free throw. I think we should get similar cues each time we enter the huddle and go to the line.
4. Team penalty or reward system for achieving goals.
5. Film Scouting against our top opponents and ourselves.

Any other ideas?

PJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home